Thank you for purchasing this ORVIN watch. The following instructions are provided to help familiarize yourself with the proper operation and care of your ORVIN watch . To ensure correct use, please read and follow the instructions carefully.
Japanese Miyata 9015 Automatic Mechanical
- Unscrew the crown and pull it out to position 2.
- Turn the crown clockwise to set hour and minute hands to set the
Take a.m./ p.m. into consideration when setting the hour and minute hands to the desired ti me.
- Push the crown back to position O and screw
When time setting is performed counterclockwise the date hand reverses. Please reset by date correction.
To set the date of your ORVIN watch follow these steps:
- Unscrew the crown and pull it out to position
- Turn the crown clockwise to set the
- After the date has been set, push the crown back to position O and screw
Do not set the date between 9:00 p.m. and 1:00 a. m. period. To know if you are in the p.m. or a. m.
period, move the hour hand after 12 o'clock and see if the date jumps or not. If the date jumps, you are now on a.m. period of the day. If the date does not jump you are in the p.m. period of the day.
WINDING THE MAINSPRING
Automatic winding watches can be manually wound by turning the crown in position 0.
Gently unscrew the crown, wind clockwise 15-20 times until the second hand starts to move naturally.
PRECAUTIONS AND PREVENTIVE MEASURES
181 TEMPERATURE & SHOCKS
Avoid thermal or other shocks as it may harm your watch. Do not expose your watch to sudden temperature changes (exposure to sunlight followed by immersion in cold water) or extreme temperatures [over 60°C (140°F) or below 0°C (32°F)].
While your watch is water-resistant, it is not recommended to shower or wash dishes wear it as it can result in a sudden change of temperature.
181 MAGNETIC FIELDS
Do not expose your watch to intense magnetic fields such as loudspeakers, portable telephones, computers or refrigerators, and other electromagnetic appliances.
181 HARMFUL PRODUCTS
Avoid direct contact with solvents, detergents, and perfumes, cosmetic products etc., since they may damage the bracelet, the case and/or the gaskets.
Clean the case and bracelet regularly using a soft cloth to prevent any corrosion caused by perspiration. To clean all water-resistant watches use a toothbrush and soapy water, and then dried with a soft cloth. After being worn in the sea, the watch must be rinsed with warm fresh water and then dried thoroughly.
Water resistance of watches is rated based on laboratory pressure tests comparable to a swimmer or diver sitting still at that pressure level. However, many water-based activities involve mnch movement and other environmental chan ges. These exceptions to how the watch was rated may challenge or defeat the water protection features of a water-resistant watch.
The water resistance of a watch cannot permanently be guaranteed . It may be affected by aging of gaskets or by accidental shock to the crown. The water resistance level of your ORVIN watch is indicated on its caseback:
- [3atm / 30m / 100ft]
Watches water resistant to 30 meters /100 feet.
- [Satm / som / 165ft]
Watches water resistant to 50 meters /165 feet.
- [lOatm / 100m / 330ft]
Watches water resistant to 100 meters /330 feet.
- [20atm / 200m / 660ft] [30atm / 300m / 1000ft]
Watches water resistant from 200 to 300 meters /660 feet. to 1000 feet.
According to the water resistance 1, 2, 3, 4, listed above, watches are protected against:
- 30 meters /100 feet------- Water splashes/ Rain
- 50 meters /165 feet------- Shower & Bath with no direct stream/ Shallow water activities
- 100 meters /330 feet----- Water sports/ Snorkeling/ Swimming
- 200 to 300 meters /660 feet. to 1000 feet------- Scuba diving
Also, never activate the time-setting crown and/or the pushers while the watch is underwater and make sure the crown has been pushed/screwed down tightly after every operation.
This manufacturer' s warranty does not cover:
- Wear and tear and aging (e.g. scratched crystal; alteration of the color and/or material of non metallic straps and chains, such as leather, textile, rubber; peeling of the plating) .
- Any damage on any part of the watch resulting from abnormal/abusive use, lack of care, negligence, accidents (knocks, dents, crushing, broken crystal, ).
- Incorrect use of the watch and non-observance of the instructions provided by ORVIN.
4 . The ORVIN watch handled by non -authorized persons (e.g. for battery replacement, services or repairs) or which has been altered in its original condition beyond ORVIN control.
All applicable implied warranties, including the implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose given to you by law are hereby limited in duration to the duration of this warranty. Underno circumstances will ORVIN be liable for any indirect or consequential damages of any kind.